Saturday, October 18, 2014

Allen & Kelli's August visit...

While I was at girls camp, Allen and his family got into town.
We were finally able to meet this cute little guy:
Gage finally made the trek up to the Pacific Northwest, and we were so happy to meet him. He was born in June in Las Vegas. Tucker, our baby lover, of course, was loving on him as much as he could. The boy is and always will be a snuggler!
While we were all in oooohing and aaahing over how cute Gage was, Jackson went out and found Papa to do some manly things with! :)
One of the nights they were here, we hit up a Spokane Indians baseball game. It was like the hottest day of the summer here in Spokane, and so so bright out! But it was a ton of fun!

Jackson sat with Papa the whole time, these two are totally best buds!
Tucker and Keyton holding up their K's...
Me and the Jacksonian...

Two cute boys enjoying the game together:
We were kind of a circus trying to wrangle all 7 of the kids to keep them in their seats and watching the game. About half way through, we finally noticed that there was a kid area for them to play in, and it was right by where we were sitting. It was pretty awesome, and I think the point of it is to let your kids run free, but that made me a little nervous, so I spent the whole second half down there with the little kids, while those who wanted to watch the game watched the game.
These little girls had fun together there:

There was even fireworks after the game, and that was a big hit with the kiddies. Something totally funny, we had been teasing Allen all night about his not drinking Mt. Dew anymore because of the flame retardant ingredient in it, and one of these fireworks totally caught a Mt. Dew car on fire that was below it. I should have gotten a picture of that because the burning car drew more attention than the actual fireworks. Too bad the flame retardant didn't work on that car!!! :) ha ha
Some of you may know, that my brain is a little spacey, ok a lot spacey a lot of the time. Well, I thought it would be fun while they were here to take the kids to the pool. We had gotten a super guest pass for the summer at Chester Hills Pool. We packed up and headed out to the pool, again on a really hot day that was perfect for swimming. We got about- blocks from our house on 16th when my car totally died. Well, it didn't die, I just ran out of gas. I knew that I had seen the light go on at some point, and kept on meaning to get gas, but just kept on spacing it. Well, it happened with a car full of kids, in about 100 degree heat. I called Ben, I called my dad, neither of them answered, and finally I called my brother Allen, who was hanging out at my dads house. I told him what happened, and he went to go get us some gas. But it took him a little while because he had to find a little tank to put it in, so he searched my dads garage, then he had to go to the gas station. Needless to say, we were stuck in the heat for a while, and we pretty much all looked as hot and sweaty as Jackson does in this picture. It was pretty miserable. A fire truck when by, not on a call or anything, but they stopped to make sure we were ok, and I told them the story. They were so nice, and had a little cooler in the back of their engine full of cold water bottles. It was the best water I have ever tasted! I wish I would have gotten a picture of them because a) they were so nice to the kids, totally let them come look at the engine, gave them water and stickers, they were so nice, and b) they were HOT! :) Like, the typical hot firemen you always hear about. This was them!! :)
Allen finally did come with the gas, and we went on our merry way and by that point we were so ready to get in the pool, we had a wonderful afternoon of swimming!
Another fun outing with the Campbell's was to Mobius. We love mobius. 
This seemed to be the big hit this time. You take those little triangular paper cups and you can cut them up, or do whatever you want to them, and then put them on top of this blower, and see how far they go up, they have levels in the air, so you can see how high up you can get your little cup to go!
One of my favorite all time pictures of Taylor. She loved to lean over the blower and get her hair all wind blown. Crazy girl!
After Mobius we walked over to Red Robin for some milkshakes, and it was so much fun! It was the perfect way to spend our time with our cousins that we don't see very much anymore!!! Tucker is so sad that Keyton doesn't live within driving distance anymore! :( But we'll take them when we can because I don't know how often they'll be back!!!
We wish you guys still lived closer!!

No comments: