Friday, October 24, 2014

Kathryn & Papa's wedding...

So, when my dad and Kathryn got engaged last year, they always said that they would get married sometime in the fall or winter of this year. So, we waited and waited, and never heard much more about it. Then, Kathryn's son got engaged with their date to get married in October. Then we heard that they wanted to get married before he did, just something small and easy so it could be done and then she could focus on Andrew's wedding. Then we never heard anything, and never heard anything. Then one day mid August, on a Sunday my dad just casually asks me what I'm doing that Thursday, and I just kind of started rattling off, well, I have the post camp fireside, and this and that. And then he tells me, well, if you want to, you can come down to the Courthouse at 5 and Kathryn and I are getting married! WHAT???!!! This is how you're going to tell me and you're not going to even invite me, you're just going to tell me IF I want to come, I can. Well, thanks for the heads up, it was only like the most hectic day of August for me with the post camp fireside! Like, my whole job at camp was for this fireside, and now I have to fit in a wedding on the most hectic day in August for me!! :) But, of course, I was happy to be there with them on their big day, and so excited for them!
Once word got out, that the ONLY people they had invited were our family and her boys, there were some folks who wouldn't accept that! :) So, Chuck and Becky came, and my aunt Kathy and Uncle Scott came up from Milton-Freewater.
Chuck and Dad before the ceremony...
Papa and his little buddy, Jacksy...
Taylor and daddy waiting for the ceremony to begin...
Andrew, Courtney and John. I was so glad that Andrew was in town and got to be there for it, too!
Kathy and Scott...
The happy couple during the ceremony. My dad, of course, was making jokes the whole time and having a good time with it all...



It's a done deal!
Jackson clapping after the ceremony was over. He's not sure why he's doing it, but he saw everyone else doing it, so why not! :)
Uncle Scott and Andrew as the witnesses...
Tucker went up to her after and said, Hi Kathryn, or should I say, Hi GRANDMA!!! He thought he was so funny!!! :) 
The whole group. It was so fun to be with family and friends. It was just a nice, relaxing, casual, happy event. I couldn't be happier for them!


All the ladies...
And the men folk:
Kathryn and Becky outside of the courthouse. It is such a beautiful building, and some pretty beautiful ladies! 
All of us with the new couple:
Taylor giving her new Grandma Kathryn a good bye hug. They were off to a little weekend getaway and we were off to the post camp fireside!!! :) I wish we would have been able to celebrate more, but it was a fun, quick, happy wedding celebration. They keep on telling us that next year when they get sealed they will have a big party, and once they are all settled on where they're living, and get those things figured out, we'll party! :)

No comments: