Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend in M-F for Stormee's wedding...

The day after my day with the missionaries, we had to head down to Milton-Freewater for my cute little cousin, Stormee's wedding. She got married on the 16th of August, and I was the one who actually made her wedding announcements. But funny story, my dad called me the week before the wedding asking if I was going to be the photographer. Well, let me back up here. I took their engagement pictures in May and then she had me do her announcements, so I made those, and everything was great. I kept on thinking to myself, she hasn't asked me to do her wedding, so she must have gotten someone else, which is totally fine, I was glad to just go and enjoy her wedding and not be the photographer. Well, I should have actually asked her. I didn't even think about being her photographer again until the week before when my dad called and asked me if I was her wedding photographer. I told him no, that Stormee didn't ask me, so I wasn't planning on it. He then told me that I should probably call Stormee because he was under the impression that they all thought that I WAS going to be the photographer. So, I did. And lo and behold, she WAS under the impression that I was going to be the photographer. No biggie, I just had to change my frame of mind from relaxing weekend at the wedding to photographer.
Besides the wedding, we did have a great weekend spending time with family and long time family friends.
We stayed at Scott and Kathy's all weekend, and of course, the kids had fun swimming in their pool. My kids are little fishies, and love love love the pool.
This little guy loved all the doggies...



We spent all day Friday in the pool while these guys stayed inside shucking crabs all afternoon. It's fun to see these brothers together. I love my Uncle Scott AND my dad.


Beautiful Milton-Freewater sunsets, I love that we can still be in the pool playing this late at night!
These guys were our playmates all weekend; Dad, Kathryn, Louie, Nancy, Scott, Kathy, Stu and his wife.
These two lovebirds...

Saturday we spent all day doing wedding things, which I will post about in a bit, and Sunday we just hung out with these fools again:
Went out to breakfast, did some swimming, and then we had to get back early so that I could be there for my other son's Eagle Scout court of honor. I was giving the opening prayer and just had to be there for the big event in his life! I love Starling! And especially now that Tucker is in Cub Scouts, I understand the work that has been done by him AND his mother! :)

It was a great weekend spent with family and pseudo family! :) I sure do love my Milton-Freewater family and roots. There is nothing like being with those who love you and you love the most! Up next is Stormee's actual wedding day, that deserves a whole post of it's own! :) Lot's of good times.

No comments: