Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Edvalson Reunion Part 2...Saturday Afternoon hike & shenanigans...

And when I say shenanigans, I mean shenanigans! But first, the hike! We went up to the Marie Dorian Park,  on the south side of town, along the Walla Walla river. There are some steps up to a warm memorial, and then just kind of an open area to hike around on top of a hill that overlooks the little river valley that Milton-Freewater is in. I had this HUGE dude strapped to me the whole time. Not the most comfortable hike I've ever been on, but...
Taylor and Jayden, little buddies. Them along with the twins, Micah and Savanah and my cousin Brad's son, Liam and my cousin, Alicia's daughter, Janell who are all 4 turning 5, started a little 4 year old club and had the best time together!
Yep, she's got some Edvalson in her. This is what she did when I told her to smile. This Jayden lady is a crack up!!!
Hiking to the top of the hill:


There was an abandoned water cistern (?) thing where we hung out for a bit...
The beautiful hills on the edges of the Blue Mountains...
Walla Walla River Valley...
And Milton-Freewater in all of her glory to the north...

I had my own personal tour guide! :) I sometimes forget that Uncle Brent grew up here, too. It was fun to hear his stories about this place! Here is telling me about the color of the mountains and how the color of the sky and clouds reflect and that's what gives them their color! :)

Shasteen and baby Scarlett..



Taking 19 little kiddies on a hike is a lot of work, so we all needed a little break in the river. So, back down we went. Playing in the river...
Liam up in a tree. This was before the hysteria when he realized he was stuck and had to get rescued by his daddy! :)
Savanah and Taylor in their own little world...
Super intense game of ultimate frisbee...

Oh man, I love this boy so much, I could just eat him!
Although he had a different love interest all weekend, my cousin Janna. These two became tight and she totally took care of him for me, and I totally appreciate it so much! It was nice having some help and knowing that when I didn't know where he was, that he was probably in good hands with Janna Banana!
Getting some help walking from his girlfriend...
We spent a few hours just hanging out and playing at the park. Aunt Lorraine brought some snacks. Mostly new ones, but some she just grabbed from grandma and grandpa's pantry. Like granola bars etc...I happened to grab a box from the pantry, I guess. I opened the granola bar and it was like dust. AND it was filled with maggots. Yea. That happened. Only from my grandma and grandpa's house. My mom said that there were things in their food storage, canned goods, from the 70's. Aren't you supposed to like rotate your food storage or something???!!! :)
Anyway, we came home tired and hungry. Dinner was on the agenda next, so we got to work preparing for that, and some of us got some little naps in while we could:
Cute little Janell at dinner:
It was nice to just have some down time and chate and enjoy each other:
His two favorite things over the weekend, Janna and that fly swatter!
Little by little after dinner people started filtering into the basement to go through things. These boys found some of grandpa's hats:
There was a huge box full of these beautiful purses. A Purse for everyone!!! :) These lucky ladies were the recipients. My mom had also invited the sister missionaries over to eat with us, and they each got to take home one of these lovely purses! :) Probably donated somehow to my grandpa by some company that couldn't sell them. Even baby Sawyer got one! :)
Then the fun really began when the box of suits got busted open. I'm sure all of the good suits were already picked over, but there were some beauties left over. I kid you not, my grandpa had at least 200 polyester suits and more than double that amount of ties. Brad even found himself a nice leather jacket!
While us adults and big kids were playing dress up, these little kids lost our attention and started doing their own thing. Can you tell they are related or what??? :)
Alex looking all dapper in his grandpa suit...
I'm not sure if dapper is the word I would use for this guy, but from here it got a little crazy!!! :)
This one is my favorite since Ryan is at least two times the size grandpa was! :)
These cute girls fit perfectly into grandma's dresses:
Oh man, you should have seen the shenanigans going on with this group of guys. The sister missionaries were blushing! :)

Tucker wouldn't get into a suit, not sure why, but definitely wanted to get in on the craziness and photo ops...
Once things settled down we got a pic of all the cousins with their significant others:
This is definitely more like it:
That night we had a little story telling time. Aunt Lorraine and Sherry and mom had put together some picture books for us, with old documents, and pictures and drawings my grandma had done, poems my grandpa had written, etc... They were really cool to have. I also made CD's for everyone of all the pictures. Well, not all of them, but all of the ones I got from Aunt Lorraine. It is so nice having them all together, and having so many pictures of them when they were younger. 
Jackson didn't want to be left out of the fun of trying on grandpa's old clothes:
Either did Scarlett, she got to try on a pair of grandma's old clip on earrings! :) I think she liked them! :) ha ha
After the babies went to bed, we put on a movie for the 5 year old club, and us and the older kids played a super fun game. Everyone puts a word into a hat. Two teams, five rounds. Each round is a different way of getting your team to guess what word you have chosen out of the hat. SO super fun. 
I love these guys so much. We had such a great time together. People asked me if there was any drama in the going through and dividing of everything, and not with these people. (Well, they're all kid of hippies anyway...) :) haha, but seriously, we all just got along so well and love each other and had such a great time.
It was a long day though, and even though it was a super fun game, not everyone made it! :)

No comments: