Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Max'n and Relax'n in August...

We had a lot of other fun adventures in August. A lot of hanging out at home, playing in the yard, hanging with friends.
You can definitely tell that we have a 1 year old in the house when I turn the corner and see this:
My life has drastically changed since he has become mobile. 
The day I finally got home from girls camp, I was so exhausted that I just let these guys eat cake for breakfast. It was my leftover ice cream cake from my birthday, and it had been in the freezer for so long, it needed to be gone, but I didn't want to do any cooking, so ice cream cake for breakfast it was! :) Plus, it was more like lunch, because it was so late, so it was an ice cream cake brunch! :)
They didn't seem to mind...
One thing Jackson's physical therapist told me was to practice going up and down the stairs with him, so we spent a lot of time on these steps! :) He liked it at first, but would quickly get sick of the 'work'! :) stinky boy!
It's a good think he's so cute! :)
This boy has started to pull himself up on EVERYTHING! I need to move this art easel. It's perfect for my Taylor artist but totally not worth the mess that this boy makes by pulling himself up and everything out! :)
My sweet young woman friend, Jenny from the branch moved down to Dayton, WA, which is right down by Walla Walla. So, she wanted to go down and say good bye to Hermana Taylor before she left. I loved Hermana Taylor so much, so I offered to take her down so I could say hi to her, too! She left our Valley branch and was serving at the Indiana Branch downtown, so it was good to see our old friends from that branch. It, was also the Lee's mission farewell that day, so it was fun to be there for that. They were leaving to their mission in Puerto Rico. So jealous! :) I do love that Hermana Taylor, but why oh why did no one tell me that I looked like this: 
ha ha!
Also, we had a ward activity and Jenny took a pic with Elder Vargas. One thing I love about being in such a tight nit branch is that we get so close with the missionaries, and the youth and I feel like these kids are my own and I just love them!
Then there's this guy! He is such a stinker! I love his little personality coming out, now that he's learning he can move his legs, it's like he is learning he has a say in things in his life, and opinions about things! :) His favorite place to be while I'm getting ready is right here next to me in my sink. He loves to play with our toothbrushes and with my makeup and really, with anything else he can get his grubby little hands on while he's up there!
All of these pictures below were taken within like 2 minutes. Dramatic, much???! :)





These two! I just don't know what to do with these two sometimes. They can be the best of friends sometimes, but then other days they are at each other all.day.long! So, I saw this idea of putting them in the same big shirt when they fight, and then they have to be in close proximity until they can be friends again. And, it is funny because one of Ben's friends works for UPS, and had given him a UPS shirt that says 'united as one' on the front. So, I put them in it for the first time, and they thought it was great. They started laughing and running around together and their issue seemed to be gone.
Then they got so excited that Tucker started to drag Taylor around and the crying started again. Maybe the shirt idea wasn't the greatest, but I will definitely be trying it again!!!
But then there are other days that they are the best of friends, and make club houses in the tree, and play outside all day together greatly!
This boy would spend all day on the trampoline if I let him!!
These two, the best of friends...
Ben and I went on a date and had to stop at Juan and Maria's house on the way home and this little lady answered the door. I love her so much and it looks like she has quite the crush on someone...
Cute little Odalis, love her so much!
Jackson got a present in the mail from his grandma and grandpa, and of course, his favorite part of the package was the box. I'm not even sure why I buy toys for him!
Somewhere in there, during the first few weeks of August, Collin and Chase came to stay with us for a few days while Tara and Dave went to Vancouver, Canada for a race. They're crazy like that and enjoying doing things like that together. It was fun having them here for a few days, and Jackson got a lot of snuggling time in with his Collin buddy. Collin loves him some Jackson.
Jackson trying on Papa's awesome Cinderella slippers...
And maybe this is TMI, but this is my view when I go to the bathroom. He doesn't ever leave my side, even when I go to the bathroom, this is the face I get.
Silly boy, is just wanting to get into everything these days, and won't leave my side, so this is what I get to hang out with most days:
He is mostly happy and easy going, so that makes it all good. I can't complain with this one!
my silly little boy...
It's been a good month with my babies, maxin' and relaxin' during these lazy days of summer.

No comments: