Thursday, July 9, 2015

Last Baseball game...:(

So....Tucker's last baseball game came and I was in charge of snacks. A friend of mine had bought these cute perfectly round soccer balls at the end of soccer season and had each of their names put on. I wanted to do something like that for the baseball team, but when I went to the grocery store, they were $1.99 a pop! I thought I could do better than that, so I went and bought the ingredients and viola....$25 dollars and two frustrating hours later....
 20150528_102301~2 
I totally learned my lesson though! I should have just paid the $24 to have them made! :) ha ha!
But let me just tell you about this day. I spend all day working on these stupid cookies. We had the Sunrise Elementary family fun night that night. Which, of course, Ben wanted nothing to do with! :) He somehow always weasels his way out of those family fun nights. Plus, we only had like a half hour that we could stay anyway. Tucker was DYING to go for some reason. I kept on trying to bribe him to not go and to just go to his game. But he insisted, and I knew he'd want to stay longer once we got there. So, we went.
The kids had cake pops for dinner...

They played lots of really awesome games and screamed and threw fits when we had to leave so shortly after getting there...
I had a front seat full of cookies and Gatorade for the boys...
Tucker was pissed at me for having to leave the school early and I was trying to take a picture of him because he was just acting so silly being so mad, and he knew he was being silly but wouldn't let me get a picture of him so he was running around the van hiding. All the while changing into his baseball uniform. (I'm such a mean mom) In the meantime it had gone from a little overcast to a full on rainstorm. Like some of the biggest juiciest drops I've ever seen. Bad rainstorm. Basically a waterfall falling from the sky!
This guy had fallen asleep. great.
We get to the baseball game only to hear that it had been cancelled, everyone was running to their cars. I caught the coach for just a second as he was running to his car and he said he would call and maybe we could have a team party since it was the last game of the season. This was it. And then I never heard anything! The season was over just like that. I had 12 cookies with the boys names on them at my house, that I had worked so hard on and nada. done. the end. It was kind of a crazy ending to the baseball season, and I was sad to see it end this way, but besides hid attitude this last day, he loved the season, he loved his team and he had a great coach. I know how the end of the school year can be, and quite frankly, I was glad to be done. We will for sure be doing baseball next year and I hope he continues with it! Crazy freak rainstorm that ruined all my hard work on those cookies!!! :) ha ha
20150528_185258

No comments: