Friday, July 10, 2015

May 2015

May May May. My favorite month. We did have a few more adventures other than the ones I blogged about. 
Jenny came to visit for a weekend. I always love having her at our house and she is like a daughter to me. I just love her! We took her out to Krispy Kreme one morning while she was here.
 20150505_105142 
Brother and Sister Hanson left us. They were missionaries serving in our branch and they finished their mission. We write them a candy gram good bye card, and got a picture of them with the kids. They were Primary teachers in our branch, and we will miss them!
Yummy food. Not sure why, but I felt the need to document some food lately. PB and Marshmallow cream sandwiches have been a hot item lately. We've been going through them like crazy. I know they're a favorite of mine!
Delicious carne asada tacos on corn tortillas with onion and cilantro. I could eat them all day everyday!
Missionaries over for dinner one night:
Pots ready to be planted:
New hair!!! Woo-hoo! Even wearing it curly!
Our beautiful flowers on the pergola are starting to bloom! Woo-hoo! One of my favorite things about this house!
  20150524_153944

Found out we have a new niece/cousin! Aunt Meribeth had little baby Sadie all the way over in England. Can't wait to meet her next summer! Can't believe we have to wait a whole year! :(
  image1 
Kaiya and Sadie. Man oh man, I love that Kaiya girl!
Trying to be healthy and made a berry shake. Added some chunks of frozen dark chocolate from the freezer. Not the best shake ever, but it was pretty!
We originally bought this chair for the office, but it just didn't work. Decided to put it in our room and I love it!

I was doing a photo shoot one day and saw this beautiful butterfly. One of my favorite things about doing photography is getting out and getting to explore the beautiful places here in Spokane!
One of the things I came home from M-F with, was this extra storage shelf from grandma and grandpa's garage. I put it down in my food storage area and it sat there for a while. I was cleaning out the garage, I put two glass jars  on the shelf. I looked in there, and thought, Oh my gosh, I've turned into my grandpa!!! He had shelf after shelf full of jars and vases and all sorts of things!
My wonderful friends took me to lunch for my birthday! I love these ladies so much! Yummy Chinese, my favorite!!!!
And last, but not least it was Mother's day this month. We got to celebrate by having my dad and Ben make us dinner. Ben also got us this awesome cake:
 I've been thinking a lot of motherhood today (obviously) and I can't help but be grateful that I get to celebrate motherhood every day. It's not always roses and eating bon-bons, but I am so lucky to get to be a mom full-time, all day, every day. I am lucky enough to be married to a good, hard working man who provides for us so that I can be at home for these littles. I can't ask for more than that. I am lucky enough to have the means to enjoy lunch with friends every now and then; friends who are amazing mothers themselves and examples to me, and I get to enjoy dates with my husband as often as we can. I have a husband who loves me and makes me laugh every single day. I have three beautiful, happy, healthy kids and a pretty darn good life. Motherhood has changed me for the better, and I couldn't love these babies more than I do! I've also been blessed by my own wonderful mother. She is kind and fun and loves others almost to a fault. She is loving and non-judgemental and easy going, and loves my kids probably more than I do! My amazing mother in law is the hardest working woman I know, and I love her so very much. She is fun and feisty and treats me as one of her own daughters, which I love. My dad just married another wonderful woman, that I get to call my mother. She is more like a friend, and I am lucky that I get to call her and her family my own. Not to mention my beautiful sister and sister-in law's whom are all wonderful mothers and friends. I am one very blessed and lucky mama!
 May was a great month, and now onto June! Woo-Hoo!! Summa Summa Summatime!

No comments: