Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Silver Mountain...Day 2

This boy, I love him so much!
 20150523_091200 
We woke up to beautiful Kellogg shining right in our living room window. Jackson got right up on the windowsill and was so excited to look at all the tiny little cars and trees and big mountains all around us. I forget how beautiful Kellogg is. One day we'll take the kids up the gondola to the top and explore up there. I use to come here all the time as a kid for skiing with friends.

Ben and Wes, once again went out to get the breakfast and left us ladies with the kids. Funny how the men are always so willing to be the ones to leave and get the food. We brought lots of snacks, too, so we just needed the big meals. And Wes had just started this diet, similar to Ben's where he watches calories and carbs. So, it was nice for Ben to have an eating buddy. Meg and I were mourning our eating buddies, but I'm pretty sure we ate enough for all four of us that weekend! :)
McDonalds it was for breakfast because the kids were ready to get going for the day!
Ben and Wes actually took the older kids to a really cool mining cave that they still do tours in. Kellogg is a mining town first and foremost, well, maybe not now, but it was. Anyway, they have this cool underground mine tour, and the big kids went with Ben and Wes and they said it was really cool! They went and did that while we stayed and gathered and packed up and took the babies to the pool. Ben has been saying he's going to send me pictures, but still no pictures. When I finally get them, I will add them! :)
Once Ben and Tucker got there, both of the littles just wanted their daddy, so he had  all three! ha ha! :) Jackson, still not enthused about his life jacket. On Saturday, he discovered the hot tub and decided that's all he could handle for the day. I do love me the hot tub, but I also have to have some change. And Taylor, too. They just wanted me to stay in the hot tub with them all day. I forced them to go down the kiddies slides and play in the splash pad area. Just like I had to force Tucker when he was little and now he loves them! My kids just aren't naturally daredevils. So, I have to force it on them. Once Tucker discovered the awesomeness of waterslides, he hasn't been a wus since, so I'm hoping that the little two are the same. I think if Jackson didn't have to wear a life jacket, he would have enjoyed it a lot more. Anyway...
Entering the lazy river with my Taylor girl:




Once I forced him out of the hot tub and if he was able to play in a spot where he didn't have to wear a jacket, he was all smiles!


In line for the wave rider. I, once again, stayed on the side lines with the Jacksy man. But, I know that this is just my stage in life right now and I'm totally ok with that. One day all 5 of us will be able to play together. I still had a great time just watching my kids have so much fun!
Tucker body surfing. He's pretty good! He's so funny, because he's so serious when he did it! ha ha, and he's not a serious kinda guy!


Of course, Ben had to have a turn and 'show us how it's done!' That face! It's such a Ben face.

We had such a fun day and stayed there as long as we could. We brought our cooler full of food, and snacked all day and didn't leave until dinner time. 
Then we got ice cream for dinner and headed out. My kind of dinner!



Oh, and these two dudes were making the rounds all day on Saturday. We couldn't take our eyes off them when they passed! :)  ha ha! The little boys thought it was so funny that adult men were wearing swimsuits like that. ha ha.


We will definitely be making this a yearly tradition. It was so much fun! I love little mini vacations that don't cost an arm and a leg and the kids feel like they got a REAL vacation, and even more of a bonus to go with friends! Taylor felt so cool getting to hang out with Avery all weekend and of course, Tucker was in heaven with his buddy Owen. It was a win win win for all of us!

No comments: