Saturday, July 18, 2015

Tucker's Talent Show...

Another year, another Variety show.  This year in his school class, Tucker's thing was his grandpa joke. When he would pull up his pants really high and call himself grandpa. So, when it came Variety show time, him and Ben came up with a fun little dancing grandpa skit. And, keeping with tradition, he invited Carson to do it with him. These two together are super cute.
20150608_163633


I was getting a little nervous when the show was just a few days away and we hadn't really practiced. They winged it and made it into the variety show, but we hadn't actually practiced. Anyway, we finally got in a few dance practices and a trip to good will for costumes, and the boys were set. 
Here they are on the morning of the big show:
In the skit, they walked on the stage as old grandpa's hunched over with classical music playing and sit down on the bench (which was so much fun to try and get into the building by myself that morning, by the way!) :) Then all the sudden, a train sound comes rushing by and then all the sudden the song, 'come on ride the train' starts playing and the grandpa's get up and take off their coats, throw down their canes and start busting a move. It was so super cute. The kids loved it, they were all laughing, and these two boys were just hamming it up with their dance moves.






I was so proud of my boy. I just love his confidence!
His cute little girlfriends also did a little show. (and my friends little girls) Ellie DaBell, Lauren Jackson, Jane Haymore and Avery Bringhurst danced to, of course, a Taylor Swift song and it was super cute. I just love these little girlies.
I let Tucker ditch the rest of the day and took him out to lunch to celebrate his awesome job as a dancing grandpa. Although, I'm not sure who deserved it more, him for his performance, or me for sitting through the two hour variety show with Jackson on my lap in the gym with the AC out! It was seriously so hot and miserable! :) Susana Jackson had otter pops for us during the performance, but even those melted in the hot gym! :) ha ha


20150609_112832

No comments: