Sunday, July 5, 2015

Micah and Savannah turn 5!

My cousin and her three kids came up for a weekend at the end of May. Her twins, Micah and Savannah were turning 5 and they were going to the park to celebrate with their grandma and grandpa. It is fun having Rachel so close because none of my siblings are close now, so these are the cousins that my kids get to see the most. It's funny because they consider Rachels kids: Micah, Savanah and Eli and my cousin Alicia's kids: Jackson, Amarae, Janell their closest cousins, and they are cousins, but they don't realize that they are actually their second cousins, once removed. Anyway, I love that Rachel lives close enough to party on the weekends with us. 
We headed up to Manito Park to play in the splash pad. The kids had a blast. It was on a Friday and Tucker was still in school, but we partied with the little kids.
Savannah, Rachel and Taylor:
20150529_123333
Cute cousin friends: Savannah and Taylor:
Cutie little Micah:
Taylor made each of them a card:
Uncle Brent and Aunt Lorraine with their birthday grandbabies:

Blowing out their candles. This little picnic party SO reminded me of the birthday picnic parties that we used to have in Milton-Freewater when I was a little girl.
Jackson trying to run away. And he did once, a little old lady luckily brought him back before I even noticed he was gone! The little stinker! Luckily someone nice and honest found him! I'm going to start having to keep a better eye on this boy!
He was just a little upset when Rachel went to grab him! :)
And I love that Rachel was mocking him crying! ha ha! :)
No worries, though. They became fast friends:
It's so fun to have cousins close to play with! And beautiful Manito Park to play in!
These two together are so cute. My aunt Lorraine asked me to bring a watermelon so when I bought it, Taylor told me I needed to make it the fancy way since we were going to a birthday party. The fancy way is what I do when I'm doing it for a baby shower or something like that. Where I take my melon baller and scoop out balls and then put them back in the rind as a bowl. So, we did that, and the two babies had a ball scooping out watermelon pieces to suck on:
 Happy Birthday Micah and Savannah! I hope that this is the first of many birthday's we get to celebrate with you!

No comments: