Monday, August 3, 2015

Fun with Alex...

It has been so much fun having Alex here for this month. We don't see him a whole lot because he has been working so hard for Ben. He has been doing such a great job. Putting in long hours. He usually leaves in the mornings with Ben and then I come and get him around 3-4 in the afternoon. He is only 16, so we don't want to wear him out too much working too long of days. Anyway, it was fun to be able to just hang out with a teenager and get to know Alex better. He was so nice and loving and playful with the kids. It really was so nice to have him around. He worked hard, I would pick him up from work and he would go on a run. He would come home from his run and either play with the kids for a while. Before he even got here, I really wanted to find a good group of kids for him to be friends with. Of course, I immediately thought of Rachel Tolley. She is so awesome and I know that she has so many friends in the stake. So, on one of his first days here I hooked him up to go to a pool party at a friends house where he met a ton of kids from the stake. I was so glad he did too, because he had fun the whole month hanging out with them. Let's see, his friends were Rachel, Derek Crapo, Ficklin kid, Hannah White and some other kids that I didn't really know. Anyway, he had a great time here, I think. He had a great time with our YM in the branch, he had a great time being with his Uncle Ben, with the kids, and I think just relaxing and being somewhere different than his home. 
Having a good, relaxing time with the kids on the trampoline:




Especially Jackson, these two were such cute little buddies:
Ben was so good for him and with him. I was so glad that he had Uncle Ben to hang out with and talk to while he was here. He has so many 16 year old emotions going through his head. And he did have a lot of opinions for being a young 16 years! :) ha ha. Like his opinions on professional sports...ha ha. He had a little freak out about the NBA championships, how professional sports are over rated and blah blah blah....
Anyway, I caught a cute pic of them playing basketball one night and chatting. Probably something he doesn't get a lot of at home with his dad. Just the two of them in the streets for a few hours, it was really sweet.

I especially loved when he would come home at night after hanging out with friends and just chatting with him. And man, growing boys, it is so true that they eat a TON! He would come home and talk to us and tell us all about his fun nights with friends and EAT! I loved it! They did some fun stuff, like water balloon fights and lots of pool parties etc...
Ben took the kids to a movie one day. I loved watching Ben with Alex, it totally made me fall in love with him even more! :)
And on his last night, the Young Men wanted to send him off with a movie party. I was so glad that they all got along so well. I had to snap a pic.
Crazy boys, I just love 'em! And I just love Alex. Through his crazy teenage hormones and emotions and all!
20150623_204634

No comments: