Monday, August 24, 2015

Last few days...

The last few days of our time in Alabama was spent with just the Boyd's. It usually is because Lynlee always stays longer than everyone else, and somehow it works out that it's just the two of us and our kids for a while. It was nice to have some down time with a smaller crowd for a few days after being so busy with so many people for so long. I just love this big bed upstairs. When we get this side of the room and it's just me and the kids, they always end up in the big bed with me, but I secretly love it. Lazy mornings snuggling in bed at grandma's house are the best.
 20150706_062539 
This guy wakes up earlier than us, so I would just give him a tablet and make him wait to go downstairs.
Grandma took the boys blueberry picking on the property of a brother in her ward. They came back with a TON!!! I had never seen that many blueberries in my life! Tucker was in blueberry eating heaven!
When Jeremy was here he told us about this device called the hoo-too is like a wifi transmitter and whatever you plug in to it will be avaliable to any device within it's reach with an app. Long story. Lynlee and I both ended up getting one on Amazon because it doesn't need internet access or anything, so it's perfect for traveling. But we then had to spend a few days loading grandpa's movie collection on to my laptop to then put them on to thumb drives to stick into this hoo-too. It was quite a process and through a lot of trial and error, we finally got a system down and I think we uploaded (or maybe downloaded, I'm not sure) something like 30 of his movies. It has been SO awesome. It was perfect for the flight home. (well, to San Antonio)
Jax and Lynlee snuggling while burning DVD's one night :)
We got in a few more pool days with our cousins...
So glad to have found this YMCA pool in Wetumpka. It's perfect for the boys.
Some lounging on grandma's front porch with my little buddy!
I just love that face!

There had been a pretty bad storm right before we had gotten to Alabama, and a single older gentleman in Grandma's ward's property had gotten hit pretty hard and he had some sticks and debris in his yard. This was the same man who let them pick blueberries on his property. So, Grandma had offered her grandkids to come and clean it up for him. I'm sure it helped them with some sort of service for scouts.

It was HOT and it was HUMID and to say that this lady did NOT want to be there would be an understatement. It was pretty miserable, but the boys were champs and worked hard. This one, not so much but it's a good thing she has her cousin Elijah who loves her SO much!


We also found these really cool blue and clear glass balls all over his property. They were so cool, I wanted to take a few, and so did the boys but grandma said no to the boys, so I put mine back, too! :) ha ha!
Lynlee went over to her dad's office to get something, and sent us all these pictures. I think everyone was in shock at just how bad and overgrown it is there. This is the house that Ben grew up in.



And, I think that the kids were ready for the next adventure! Meeting Grandma and Kayla in San Antonio!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!
PS...Birmingham airport has the coolest plant wall I've ever seen!!! We usually don't fly in or out of Birmingham, but we did this time since we were going to SA.
On to have some more fun!!!!
20150708_133733

No comments: