Tuesday, November 4, 2014

da Fair...

The fair came to town. These are the types of things I always think will be so fun to take the kids to, then I get there and I remember that, yes, while it is fun for them, it is miserable for me and so freaking expensive!! But, grandma was in town and Kayla and Kenzie and Burton were still here, so we all packed up and went. The weather was perfect and the cotton candy was delicious, so we lucked out! :) ha ha.
Tucker enjoyed the big slide. He is definitely the one who enjoyed this place the most.
It was funny, my mom took Taylor up to take her down the slide and they wouldn't let her sit on my moms lap, but Taylor wouldn't go by herself, so Taylor walked back down the steps, and I assumed my mom would walk back down, too. You know, to save some tickets for the kids to go on the rides.
But, nope. She hopped on sack by her self, and had herself a grand ol' time riding down the big slide! :) I was making fun of her for that one!
I am so glad that Tucker is finally enjoying carnival rides. I always thought he needed to be a little bit more adventurous when it came to these rides. Like I should talk, I can't even get on a swing without feeling like I'm going to throw up from motion sickness. Anyway, Tucker is definitely loving these carnival rides more, and I couldn't get him to stop. We had gotten him a bracelet so that he could go on all the rides he wanted, and we definitely got our moneys worth out of him! Ben is glad to have a ride buddy when he grows up. And I think Jackson will love them right off the bat, he is already our more adventurous and brave one.

Taylor on the big swings:



Somehow I missed getting a picture of the best part of our night. The food. We had bacon cheeseburgers on doughnut buns! And, while it was delicious, it wasn't the best thing I've ever had, like I was expecting. I mean, bacon cheese burger AND doughnuts together, I thought it would be perfection. Root Beer floats, fries, some delicious BBQ pulled pork and corn on the cob, and our official yearly fair dinners were perfection.
The kids wanted to ride the pony's. I'm allergic to horses, so they've always been my least favorite animal, so my mom had to step in and help Jackson, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.
This game. Tucker had his eye on this game all night. All he had to do was throw a ball into one of those big huge buckets and he could win a huge stuffed animal. I kept on telling him that that is a scam. They want you to believe it is easy, and then spend all of your money! He tried and he tried, and grandma, of course, kept on giving him just a few more dollars. I was done. And, the carny was so nice. That's usually not the case. She was so nice, and finally told him that she would add up all of his wins together from all of his games, so he could win the huge snake he wanted. He ended up happy, and kept on telling people he had done so good and won the snake on his own.Since I am here to keep him humble, I kept on gently reminding him that he would not have that snake without the generosity of the carny. That's what moms are for, right! :) ha ha
And, finally one of my most favorite pictures ever, Jackson's face of pure joy and happiness on the carousel. I mean, this boy could not love them any more. He gets so freakin' happy, and wants to go again and again and again. Luckily that was grandma's department because I get so motion sick so easy.
It was getting so late, and the kids were done. And we literally had to pry this poor little guy's fingers off of the caroseul. He loves them so much. He cried the whole way home wanting to get back on that thing.
And that was our fun yearly fair adventure. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to go. Then I get roped into taking the kids somehow, and while fairs just aren't my thing, the kids have a blast. So, we'll see how long I have to do this yearly tradition! :) ha ha. We didn't even make it into the animal exhibit this year, their favorite, my least favorite. Thank heavens. :)

No comments: