Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Why we love being in the branch...

We love being in the Spanish Branch. I can't believe it's been 2 and a half years already. The sister missionaries asked us if there was a service they could do for us. And they had told me that they had really wanted to rake some leaves. I had no desire to rake our leaves. I'm not much of a green thumb, take care of our lawn type of person, so I jumped on that and granted them their desires! :) I just felt bad because the day and time they could do it ended up being really wet and cold! But, the amazing Hermana's Walton and Robles raked and bagged all of this:
It was super amazing of them and so very helpful. I paid them in yummy hot chocolate, and great company, of course! :)
Another bonus of being in a small branch is just how close everyone is. We really are like one big family. With FHE's being held periodically at each others homes. Tonight it was at our house. WIth the Petersons, Lopez's and Kristina and her family. I love these families so much and will be so sad if and when they leave the branch!
I watched Odalis one afternoon while Maria had a Dr. appointment (found out after that she had the flu!) :( And we headed to Target. We were quite the spectacle with all three children in this cart!
My good friend, Verenice, and her family got sealed in the Spokane Temple in November. It was such a wonderful day and I loved being in the sealing room with their family. She also asked me to help with the kids, so I was in the brides room with the Temple Matron getting the kids ready to be brought into the sealing room to be sealed with their parents. Such a neat experience. I love going to sealings, it reminds me of the wonderful blessing it is for me to be sealed with my family!
Just one more month until Jackson is old enough for nursery! YAY! Luckily he has some pretty big fans in Relief Society, and everyone is wanting to hold him. He fell asleep on my friend, Melissa's lap, I had to get a quick shot:
And we all know Melissa will get her baby fix in any chance she can! :) So here she is at our Branch Thanksgiving dinner holding sweet baby Alina. Sadly, this is the only picture I got from that night!
Most of the time, this is how we roll in Relief Society. He has a 'bop' in his mouth and I have to entertain him any way I can.
There are about a thousand more reasons I love being in the branch, but these are some of my most recent documented ones! :)

No comments: