Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Halloween day...

Halloween day finally came!! Yay! :) I was kind of already ready for it to be over with, but we still had lots of partying to do. So, we trudged on...gathering more and more candy! :) We went to U-High's annual trick or treating event. The high school kids all bring a bag of candy, and during their TAP hour, they invite the little ones to come and walk the halls from door to door trick or treating. It is really fun, and the little high schoolers are so sweet, for the most part, to the little kids and just give them handfuls. They always have a ton of candy. We had a great time. Once Jackson finally got a bop (lollipop) he was done for the day. It didn't matter what else he had in his bucket, but was happy.
My little football player and cheerleader. The funny thing about these two and their costumes is that, that very weekend, the Seahawks and the Raiders were playing. ha! :) What can I say, we are a conflicted family...
By the way, I bout that Raiders cheer costume at a consignment shop over a year ago, and have been prepping Taylor (unbeknownst to her) all year so that she would think that it was HER idea to be a Raiders cheerleader this Halloween. I'm such a good mom! :) ha ha. I couldn't pass up $4 for the costume, and then after buying maroon pom poms at Value Village and trying to spray paint them black and silver, I finally found some black ones at Party City for like $2. Too bad I spent like three times that on spray paint. If you've never tried to spray paint pom poms, DON'T DO IT! It is impossible and impossibly frustrating!!!
Here was our whole gang of friends at U-High that morning. I love this little play group group we have going on here. Such amazing women I get to call my friends and hang out with on a regular basis! And such cute kiddo's too!!!
Cute friends, Jackson, Crosby, Paige and George...
Ummmm....this was our counter even before Halloween night began. Sickening! I usually use all the candy that we acquire at things like the trunk or treat and at U-hi to give out at our house on Halloween night. Then a) I don't have to buy much candy, and b) we don't have hoards of it at our house for months and months. It's a win-win! :)
My big tough boy as Marshawn Lynch... (he looks WAY too grown up in this picture!)
My sweet boy as a mini Marshawn Lynch. We've got Lynch fever at our house right now.
Look at my little QB, he's got the stance down and everything!!! :)
And my cute little Raiders cheerleader:
Meg, Marianne and I all met up that afternoon after school to get some cute pictures of the kids. There is a beautiful tree right on the corner in between our houses, and Marianne had had a vision of the kids in their Halloween costumes. They all looked so cute in their costumes, and we looked like a bunch of crazy ladies trying to get them all to look and smile at us in the middle of the road. :)
So glad my kids are growing up with such good friends!
And my three:
Marianne sent me this that she took with her good camera, I only had my phone with me. Yes, Taylor grabbed her purple bat wings to put on with her cheerleader costume! :) Silly girl...
My two football players:
And two BFF's, a dinosaur and a football player:
That night for dinner and trick or treating, we headed over to the Nelsons house. It was so fun, lots of yummy food, pizza and lots of little friends. Then we went out and trick or treated in their neighborhood. It was so much fun. Even though I had a little allergic reaction to a cashew in a salad. I thought that I had picked them all out, and I hadn't had an allergic reaction in so long, I was being too lax, and just got so sick. So, I took Jackson home and we handed out candy and Ben took the other two out with our gang, and they had a great time.
All the crew heading out for some candy:

No comments: