Sunday, November 2, 2014

First day of School!!!

Finally it was time for school to start. WE WERE READY! I was ready for some schedule and organization to my days. I was ready to not have someone talking back to me all day long, and thinking he was in charge... :) And he was ready to be around someone else, I'm sure, for the majority of his days! :) Of course, just a few days after school started, both of our attitudes changed, and now I wish that he didn't have to be gone so long every day. But change is good, and it was good for us to be back at the school thing. We had found out a few weeks before the school year that he had gotten Mrs. Barnes as his teacher. I, of course, had no idea who she was, but no joke, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who I told this to just raved about her. All of my friends, people at church, whoever it was that I was talking to would ask me what I had to do to get him in Mrs. Barnes' class.  It made me really excited for him and for the school year. Another major bonus is that his good friend, Carson, also got into Mrs. Barnes' class. He was so super excited about that. And I was happy that he had a friend, it's always nice to have a friend when you're starting out a new school year. Also, back to school night came the night before and it was SO fun to see friends again. It got me so so so excited about the school year. The first day came, and it was a cold rainy day. I guess it was a good sign that the summer was over, and school was in.
You will notice in the background of that picture above that my dad's car is in the driveway. On our way to Milton-Freewater to the reunion, my check engine light came on, literally as I was driving through Spokane to head down there. I called Ben and he met me at a gas station downtown and switched me cars. So, I took his truck to M-F, and he took my van to the shop. Blah blah blah, finally like 3 weeks later, we got the van back...blah blah blah...coil replaced, blah blah blah...took three weeks to fix our van. Luckily, my wonderful and extremely generous father let me borrow his Avalanche for those three weeks. I'm sure he would have rather paid for a rental for me, than let my three kids loose in his truck, but he did it and we were EVER so grateful!
Anyway...my big handsome 2nd grader:
I, of course, had to walk him into his class on his first day, so I could snap a pic of him and Mrs. Barnes.
She really is so wonderful. She loves the kids and she is so so so nice. He came home from school on that first day and said, 'mom, everyone was right, Mrs. Barnes IS the best teacher in the school!!' It was so cute, and I'm so happy that he has a wonderful teacher and is excited about the school year.
This lady also started pre-school with Teacher Barbara. She was so very excited to be in real school, I didn't have the heart to tell her that it wouldn't really be that different from last year. But she was so happy and I was so happy for her! I just love this beautiful pre-schooler of mine:
Taylor and Teacher Barbara. We LOVE Teacher Barbara:
Taylor looked so cute on her 2nd day, that I had to take a picture of her on her 2nd day, too!
I just can't believe these cute kid-o's of mine are getting so big. They are so much fun now that they are getting bigger. Well, they are fun at all stages, but I love being able to chat with them and laugh and joke with them. They are fun smart kids!

No comments: