Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Halloween Kick off dinner with the Mortensens and Dabell's

We had our annual Halloween kick off dinner and pumpkin painting party at the Mortensens. This year, the Dabell's joined us. It was so much fun! Megan doesn't do carving, so they always paint. Which is just fine with me. Although, Ben is a carver, so he usually does that with the kids at some point, also. I'm just happy with pumpkins on my front door step, I don't really care what's done to them, as long as they are festive! :) This year we had the usual spray paint and decor items, but Abbey brought these cute polka dot and striped nylons to put around the pumpkins that made them so super cute! That Abbey has so many cute ideas! :)
I love Avery, and I love how sweet she is to my kiddos--Tucker, I think really believes that Avery is his sister sometimes! :) And she treats him like an older sister, both good and bad, which I love! :) It's good for him!
Cute BFF's:
Meg made her delicious soup in a pumpkin. Jan made it growing up, and it is delicious! It's the perfect way to start the fall. Then the decorating began, which, funny enough is when the men folk discovered something really interesting downstairs that took them down there for the rest of the night! hmmmmm....
Abbey and Meg prepping the pumpkins for some spray paint. I have gorgeous friends. And Ellie with her big pumpkin, I think she named her Big Mama.
Cute kids, Tucker, Owen, Mason, Luke and Taylor:
We can't leave out Avery and Ellie:
After pumpkins, Abbey made the BEST apple cider and we were all in heaven. It was such a fun and perfect evening with great friends!
And here the kids are the next day with their finished products. You can see the kids got pretty creative with their pumpkins. Sometimes I have to force myself not to interfere, and just let them create how they want! :)

No comments: