Sunday, April 19, 2015

Easter...

Easter came, and we had a really great Easter celebration. I really tried not to go overboard this year with getting caught up in egg dying and egg hunts, like in the past where we did like 3-4 activities with different friends. I tried to actually teach the children the true meaning of the holiday and of course, have some fun while we were at it.
 20150404_174907
Jackson was NOT the best egg dyer I've ever seen. Nor the best helper to anything egg related during the Easter holiday season! :) ha ha. The poor boy just wants to be a big kid so bad and do anything and everything the big kids do.
I do love me some pretty dyed eggs, and ours were so pretty this year. You can tell by that last batch that the kids had started to mix their colors, so they were turning out more muted.
I've never had the shells of my hard boiled eggs look so pretty! :)

Those look a lot bigger and better than they actually were. They each just got a few knick knacks, a stuffed animal, some coloring books, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, you know, the usual. And they always get a few summer outfits, and their swim suits for the summer. And of course, lots of candy! :)

Bay Max from Big Hero 6 for his Disney Infinity play station game...
If you can't tell, that is the movie, Frozen:




Big Easter Pile...




After lounging all afternoon and watching conference as a family we headed up to Papa and Kathryn's for a delicious dinner.
Sassy Taylor with her new sunglasses with our delicious hard boiled eggs...

Up at Papa's we had a fun egg hunt in his new backyard which is awesome for things like this...

Jackson loved the egg hunt up at Papa's:
 



Oh man, I love that child so much!! :)

We even saw an Eagle flying over the valley...
And yes, we got to enjoy yet another delicious dinner made by my father and Kathryn. These two together are perfect in the kitchen. My dad is the best at the savory food and Kathryn is the best at sweets and baking. It really is heaven when you go to eat at their house!
 Little stinker wouldn't look at me, but I snuck one out of her! :)
 And to say that this little man enjoyed his food would be an understatement! :) ha ha.
 Leftover candy for weeks.... not that I'm complaining! :) ha ha
20150406_075846

No comments: