Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My things...

Even though my day to day routine is centered around the kids, I did manage to snap a few pictures this month of myself or for myself. I wanted to take a picture of this little corner of the kitchen. I don't know why, I feel like I"m looking at this corner of the kitchen about 75% of my life, but it has two of my favorite things in my kitchen. That cute little canister on the stove top and the butter dish. I know, totally random things, but I just love them and they make my time looking over the stove a little bit more colorful. You can see that other than those two things, there is a lot of white! :) (I do love white, too!) :)
Me and my friend Carmen from the branch went to a craft fair to support another friend of ours from the branch, Karla, who is like an amazing wood worker and refinishes and builds the coolest furniture and home decor. She had a booth at a craft fair at a high school in Coeur d'Alene. Anyway, we were walking through the fair and I ran into Carrie, my old friend from Eastern, and my cousin Rachel's roommate!!! We had so much fun together at Eastern and it had been forever since I'd seen her! She is pregnant with her 5th baby and it was so much fun to catch up! We had to take a picture to send to Rachel! We always talk about the three of us getting together when Rachel is in town, but it never happens! :)
 Every month our Relief Society has an activity. In March we celebrated the birthday of the Relief Society. Carmen Wiberg, Carmen's sister in law ( I don't remember her name), Karla Hix and Audriana Mortensen
 And me and Melissa Peterson. They had put on the invite that it was going to be a light lunch. HA! That doesn't happen with Hermana Zavala involved. Her and her daughter own a cafe and are the best cooks I know. They made this delicious mole with chicken and the display was so professional, and it was SO freaking good!
 IMG_9324 
 One day this month, my friend Kristin Burgess put on instagram that she had finally gotten her new oven installed and that in honor of that, she was making cupcakes all day long and if you wanted some to message her. Of course, no one is going to come out and say that they want some. But I did comment saying how happy I was that she finally got her new oven installed, and that she deserved all the cupcakes! :) ha ha. Later that evening, I got a knock on my door and there is Kristin with a  half a dozen cupcakes for us! And they were SERIOUSLY the best cupcakes I have ever had. It felt like you weren't even eating anything at all they were so light and fluffy, I really need to learn her tricks. It was so nice and thoughtful, and it totally made my night.
 That night I was soloin' it with the kids and we had Owen for a late night, so I had just gone to the dollar store and bought a whole bunch of junk food for the kids and we had gotten a movie, so it was a sugary delicious evening! :)
CAM01399

No comments: