Friday, April 24, 2015

Rexburg part dos-

The next morning we were ready for more partying! It was time to find out the gender of this little dude. (although we didn't know it was a dude at the time!) :) I will never forget going to Walmart the night before, like almost at midnight to get supplies for the reveal; like confetti, balloons etc... Heather and I didn't know, so we were grabbing both pink and blue things, and when we were done, only Madison went up to the register to buy them so that she could put back what she didn't need and we wouldn't see anything. We got all the way back to Madison's house only to realize that she had left one of the bags at the counter where she checked out. Well, apparently the Walmart in Rexburg closes, and in the time we left it had closed. Well, we went back and were in the front of the locked doors banging on them to let us back in while employees were just walking right by us ignoring us. Finally, a guy came out, and I practically pounced on him to get him to let us back in. The bag was probably siting at the register still since it had literally been like 10 minutes. Anyway, he could have cared less about what I was begging him for and what I was talking about. He told us to come back in the morning. Which totally sucked.  But, it all worked out because the next morning, everything was OK and we had a delicious waffle and yogurt brunch. Kirby's parents are really into all natural things, so they had these delicious recipes for homemade waffles, yogurt and syrups. They were so delicious!! And we ate them on beautiful vintage blue and pink crystal china that Kirby's mom has.
20150411_104642

Then Kirby and Madison passed out sliver balloons filled with confetti of the color of whatever the gender was. We all gathered in their cute little living room.

Kirby made me sit down, and he must have taken these shots. Finally the moment came and there was blue confetti everywhere. It was such a great moment. Lots of tears, and lots of squeals and lots of love!

And, of course, we had to do a photo shoot. I loved Madison being silly while we were all getting ready for the picture.

I love these girlies: Jessica, Mandy, Madison and Bailey


I had to make fun of these girls when I looked over and saw them selfie-ing. :)
Heather and Jevon had to get on the road, since they were heading back to Spokane that afternoon. They wanted to get back to have a day to rest before Jevon had to work on Monday. Anyway, Kathryn wasn't going to be getting in until closer to dinner time, so I had some time. So, Jessica and Mandy, who were also heading home with their parents for the summer, and Bailey, Heather and Jevon all headed out. And I had Madison take me to the temple. It was so nice to have a few hours to myself in the beautiful Rexburg temple. It was so peaceful (besides the girl with turrets who was in my session) :) But even that couldn't stop the wonderful feeling of just being there without a care in the world with just some time to myself. It was a busy busy day there though, there were so many weddings. It was the Saturday after graduation and the semester ending, so it was a busy day! :) And it worked out perfectly for me to have some time to see my cute little cousin, Nicole. Her and Jared were already packed up ready to head home to Portland for the summer, but luckily, I just caught them. So she picked me up and we headed and got a bite to eat. It was so much fun to spend time with just their little family. Their little guy, Carter is just the cutest! Usually when we're together it's in a big family gathering setting, so it was fun to get to know Jared a little better and have some one on one time with them.

After dinner Nicole and Jared dropped me off at a hotel where I was going to stay with Kathryn, Kathryn's sister in law, Betsy, whom she had driven to Rexburg with and Kathryn's nephew, Betsy's son, Nathan. So, a few months prior Betsy and Kathryn had planned this trip to Rexburg so that Betsy could pick up her son, Nathan from school and drive home to Texas with him since the semester was ending and he was going on a mission. And so Betsy flew into Spokane, spent a few days with Kathryn, then they both drove to Rexburg. It wasn't until a few days before their planned trip that Kathryn realized that Andrew and Shawnee wouldn't be there, they were in California visiting her family during the break between semesters. But Kathryn couldn't back out at that point with Betsy since she had already made all these arrangements to go to Spokane. So, Kathryn and Betsy drove down on Saturday and the plan was that Nathan and I would meet them at the hotel where we were all going to stay that night then Sunday morning Kathryn and I would take back off to Spokane and Betsy and Nathan would head out to go back to Texas. So, Jared and Nicole drop me off at our hotel, and since Nathan and I don't know each other and Kathryn and Betsy weren't quite there yet, Nathan left a key for me at the front desk, because he had actually left the hotel for a bit to run an errand or something. So, I get there, and this is there for me at the front desk:

We were laughing so hard about this. After Betsy and Kathryn got there and Nathan came back, we all met for the first time, and we all got along so well!!! Betsy and Nathan are both awesome and hilarious! And I showed them the key that the lady at the front desk gave me and how when Nathan gave them that key he had never met me, so he didn't really know what I looked like he told the lady, well, all I know is that she's older and has brown hair. And we were dying because can you imagine what they thought was going on!!! Here is this young college kid leaving a key for an older woman he's never met for his hotel room!!! :) ha ha!!! They were starving, even though it was a little late, but we went to a Mexican restaurant that they both loved in Idaho Falls, so we loaded up and headed out. It was such a fun evening with them, getting to know them. We were also joking that they were my step aunt and step cousin, so it was fun to just get to know them and spend some time with them. And the next morning, we all woke up and went our separate ways. I kind of wish that we would have had more time together. One day. It was such a fun quick whirlwind weekend, but I am so glad I got to go and spend time with friends who are like family, family whom I don't get to see enough and new family members whom I grew to love! What a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments: