Thursday, April 23, 2015

Rexburg part 1-

Oh Rexburg, how I've missed thee!!! :) OK, not really, but it sure was fun being back there! :) At the end of March I got an invitation in the mail from Madison Wiberg for a graduation party and a 'gender reveal' party in April. At first, I thought that maybe she was coming to Spokane, so they were trying to get all these parties in while she was here. But then I that the parties were actually happening in Rexburg, where her and Kirby live. I just kind of brushed it off, like I wouldn't be able to go anyway.  Then I started thinking about it more, and piece by piece, trying to figure out how I could make it work. It would be the ending weekend of our kids' spring break, and we didn't have anything planned. Should I go and just take all my kids for a fun spring break adventure. Then Kathryn told me that she was driving down on Friday with her Sister in law who was flying in from Texas and they were going to visit their kids for the weekend, and then she was going to drive back to Texas with her son, and Kathryn would be driving back to Spokane by herself on Sunday. Then Heather told me that they were driving to Rexburg on Thursday for the graduation and gender reveal on Friday and Saturday and then driving back Saturday night. So, I started to just put feelers out there to see if anyone could watch my kids on Thursday and Friday and I knew Ben could handle them on Saturday and Sunday. And of course, Meg was willing to, so it all worked out! I drove down on Thursday with the Wibergs, and it was just me, Heather, Jevon and Bailey. Bailey and I sat in the back and watched Disney movies. We had such a fun time, and I felt like I was in college again going on a road trip with friends. We stopped in Missoula at the Costco, got some lunch and ice cream, and had a great day together.
We got into Rexburg before dinner time and went straight to Jessica and Mandy's apartment. It was so fun and CRAZY to see how much Rexburg has changed and grown. I really actually don't remember what it was like when I was there. I don't think I've been there since 1999 or 2000. I can't remember. I drove through on my way home from Utah once and I remember I saw Rachel Maughan and I went to Craigos with Brent and Janette. That was the last time I was in Rexburg, and I believe it was 2000. Anyway, it's a lot different now. Apartment buildings everywhere. It reminds me more of Provo. The girls live in this awesome top story apartment that has a great view.
 The campus. And this stadium, lots of fun memories at this stadium; football games, runs, late night chats with Gentzy, Kristi and friends.
 I had to chuckle at the decor of the apartment building. Only in Rexburg would this be in the foyer of an apartment building. This is what makes Rexburg, Rexburg. :)
 We went to the cafeteria on campus in the Manwaring center. Man, this place has changed so much and is just such a cool campus now!!! There is even a Chic-Fil-A on campus. A CHIC-FIL-A!!!! Where was that when I was at school here??? :)
I love these Wiberg people! :)
 Madison then took me on a tour of some of the places I do remember. There wasn't many, but I did spend lots of time in this gym with 2 roommates on the basketball team and 2 on the volleyball team! :)
It was all set up for graduation, but it is the gym!
 More of the track and stadium. Since Birch Plaza is right across the street from it, I was here a lot!
 Speaking of Birch Plaza. Couldn't pass without a picture! :) MANY MANY MANY fun and wonderful memories here! I can't believe it's been almost 20 years! I'm so old!

 Then Madison and Kirby took us to a cool hip local hang out for dinner. I can't even remember the name of it.  haha :)
 The next day we just spent the day getting Madison ready for graduation. Heather had made these cute treats and decor for her grad party that night at Kirby's parents house, so we finished up doing that. We stayed at Jevon's sisters' house and we spent most of the day there getting things done and ready for the graduation that night. It was so nice and comfortable and we were in our pj's and just enjoying some down time.
Then we went to the graduation in the new (to me) I-Center. A huge auditorium where they have devotionals and stuff. It was a beautiful new building. And huge! It was pretty neat, we got to hear the old BYU I president, Kim Clark speak, and he was an awesome speaker. And we got to see Madison down there looking like a tiny ant. Then we went to a stake center where they had the actual graduation for her department of early childhood education.
 After the graduation, we had a little photo shoot, and it was so much fun! I love these guys!


 Just one of the girls in the Wiberg family! :) ha ha
 Oh my gosh, the Rexburg Temple is so beautiful! I fell in love!
 The campus is so much bigger now, I think that these were just big potato fields when I was here! :)




At Kirby's house to just enjoy and relax after a long day! But it was so much fun to just be there with these girls, I just love them!
Heather's cute decor:
Ben sent me this picture of Taylor from Friday night. He said that she brought this picture of me and her down from her room, and as just stroking it saying how much she missed me! :) ha ha! At least someone did, right!?! :) I missed her, too!
20150411_105247

No comments: