Thursday, April 16, 2015

John leaving on a mission...

Back in February when Kayla was here, Jon Fairbanks had his mission farewell. He is leaving for the Spain Barcelona mission this month. I snapped this picture during his farewell with Ben, Taylor and Kenzie, and I thought it was so cute- Kenzie wanted to hold Ben's hand. So they held hands for a bit during the farewell. I want to remember the  farewell because it was a miraculous breakthrough on the Orndorff front. During the farewell, Ben took the kids to get a drink, and Amy walked around the corner, and Ben said he looked up and said, 'well, well, well, Mrs. Orndorff' and she smiled--baby steps here people--and said back to him something about her being sick so she was going to get a drink but wouldn't because she didn't want to get our kids sick. Then later, after the farewell, I hadn't heard about this exchange yet, and Kayla and I were looking for Jon to give him a big hug after his talk, and I just kind of said to myself, 'Where did Jon go, I don't see him anywhere' and out of nowhere, I hear someone point him out to me, and I looked over and it was Amy! I was kind of in shock, so I said thanks and smiled at her and went to find Jon.  1424025710339 
It was a huge breakthrough, and I don't think it will mean that we're ever best friends, but  hopefully little by little things won't be so bitter and angry and hateful with us. Anyway, back to Jon. Later that month, closer to before he was leaving we went to our traditional Rancho Viejo to have an appropriate send off for the new missionary. :) We are so excited for him to serve a mission. I know he'll be the best! Everyone loves Jonny boy! :) And I just love this picture of all of us!
IMG_2372

No comments: