Monday, December 6, 2010

Conference weekend...

For General Conference in October, we headed down to Utah. Ben's dad was in SLC for the week AND; of course, our good friends, the Enloe's had just moved down there.
We did a TON of things while we were there. We drove down, were all together for Conference and then Ben had to come back for work. I figured that since we had driven the 12 hours to get there, I didn't want to turn around a few days later and drive 12 hours again. Especially with 2 small children. :) So, Ben flew home after the weekend and I stayed for the week with the kids. I still have some great friends and family in Utah, so I wanted to take advantage of the trip down.
We had a great time! The Enloe's were such gracious hosts, and we had a WONDERFUL time! And I got to see a lot of old friends. It was seriously the best trip ever!
In between sessions of conference, we drove up the American Fork Canyon to Alpine Park to hike around. It was so beautiful! Utah is gorgeous in the fall. I wish I would have taken some pictures on the drive up, it was beautiful!
We borrowed a sling wrap from Eric & Sharlene's sister in law, and none of us knew how to wrap it exactly, so Ben did the best he could with what he had! :) Luckily Taylor didn't fall out during the hike! :)
050
Sharlene & Olivia...
052
The boys...
054
Tucker & his Grandpa!
060
Ben & the Taters...
065
Me & Shar...
066
Tucker & I...
069
Tucker and his pseudo siblings... :)
073

079
This picture doesn't even do it justice!
082
The Enloe family:
085
The kids at this point were DONE taking pictures! :)
The Pyper family...
087
Me & Shar (again)...
088

094
Sharlene's nephew was down visiting for the weekend as well. I told him I needed to get a picture of him in it so I would remember he was there with us and not wonder why this random hairy man was in the background of all my pictures! :) We love Andrew! :)
100
Olivia HAD to pose for a picture! (surprise! surprise!) :)
107
Me & Taylor...
110
It was a successful trip because by the time we got home, both boys were passed out cold. We put them on Eric & Sharlene's bed and they slept for a good while! :)
116
It is so much fun to be with the Enloe's again! They have been like family for us over the past few years. When they moved, it felt like part of our family moved far far away! :) And of course, it was so much fun being with Grandpa (our real family) :) I love it when our kids get to spend time with Ben's side of the family since they all live so far away.
Speaking of Bens family, the reason we went to Utah in the first place was to see Ben's dad. He flew into Salt Lake City for conference and to do some legal work for his brother who lives there. Since it is very rare that Ben's family is within driving distance, we decided to head down and spend some time with him.
134
We went out to lunch with my father in law's aunt, and some of his cousins who live in SLC. It was great meeting these relatives of my father in law, my husband and now my children!Align Center

1 comment:

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

The sling is hilarious!! Looks gorgeous there! YOU look great T!