Sunday, December 12, 2010

Halloween fun!

I love Halloween! It is not my favorite holiday, but it is a good excuse to have fun, and I love it for that! :) We do our annual Halloween traditions, like decorating our house, and making treats for our friends, and carving pumpkins, and it is always so much fun!
This year we 'BOO'd' some friends. We made mini cupcakes, made some puppy chow, got some Halloween stickers and pencils and put it all together in a little pumpkin tin and left it at their door step! Tucker had a great time decorating the cupcakes. My mom always sends us up plenty of cookie/cupcake decorating supplies! :)
Hughes Familly 10 339

Hughes Familly 10 341
Carving pumpkins...
Hughes Familly 10 349
This year while I was at Target one day, I saw this awesome pack of 'mr. potato head' accessories that they were selling as a pumpkin decorating kit. I thought it was genius! I didn't realize it at the time that it was 'mr. potato head' accessories until I got them home. But how smart is that. That way my 4 year old doesn't have to carve a pumpkin but can just insert the pieces into the pumpkin, and then after Halloween, we have some more accessories for our Mr. Potato head! :) I loved it! I am so doing this with all my children until they are teenagers! :)
Hughes Familly 10 344

Hughes Familly 10 345

Hughes Familly 10 352
And we finally got up our Halloween decor! :) yippee!
223
And our homemade bats found their places...
039

035
We went over to Nathan & Angie's one night (they must have gotten the same package from my mom with the supplies!) :) ha ha! So we had another round of cupcake and cookie decorating with their Sister in law, Lexi and her little guy, Hunter! :) Good times! I think we ate more cookies that night than we came home with! Let the sugar rushes begin!
358

No comments: