Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December! Woo-Hoo!!!

It is finally December and you know what that means...Christmas! :) I seriously don't know where December went. I feel like this year I kept on waiting for something to happen to really put me in the Christmas spirit, and although we had a wonderful Christmas, I feel like it came and it went and I don't know how that happened. That probably doesn't even make sense! :) Anyway...
We usually always get our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but with our Thanksgiving this year happening late, our tree didn't get up until December.
252

264
Taylor all decorated...
256

270
Tucker & Carter as twinners. Grandma always gets the boys matching shirts and every time we are with Carter and he happens to be wearing a shirt that Tucker has, Tucker has to go and change so they match.
274
{Carter was not really wanting to be in a picture.}
Ben went to Alabama for a week at the beginning of December. He went to help his parents with some odd and end jobs that they needed done around their houses. We missed him terribly, but I was so glad he got to go down there and spend some time with his parents and that he got to see and spend some time with old friends. I think it was really good for him to be down there and just be home for a while. That's always good!
The kids and I, in the mean time... we played! :) I wanted to take a picture of us every day and post it for Ben. But, well that didn't happen and I am now just posting the few pictures I did take. :)
We spent a lot of time with friends...
005
We drank lots and lots and LOTS of hot chocolate...
001
We made some fudge...
008
Got some Christmas pj's...
009 (2)
and tried to get a cute picture.
014
He REALLY wanted a Santa hat so we went out to find him a Santa hat. Even though it was an adult sized one, he wanted THAT one. And he wore it the entire week! :)
004
I even got to spend some time with some of MY greatest friends from High-School. It was SO good to catch up. It had been way too long!
009
And even got to love on this cute little Reesey-girl! :) SO cute!
010
While he was gone, I realized that we had spent 5 weeks apart this year!!! I could not believe that it was that much time! He spent a week in Hawaii last January working. I spent 2 weeks in Alabama this summer, with his family, but without him! I also spent a week in Utah in October without him. He came for the first few days, but I stayed a week without him. And now this week of him being in Alabama! I think that my goal for next year is to actually go on vacations WITH my husband! :) Well we were all going to go this time to Alabama, but his parents were flying us down just so he could do some work for them. The would both have to work the whole time we were there and we just kind of decided that it would be best if they saved their money on two extra tickets since we wouldn't have even been able to see them that much. Anyway, I'm rambling again... :)
I also realized while Ben was gone, why we parent in pairs. Being without Ben makes me appreciate him SO much. It also makes me have so much more respect for single mothers because I certainly couldn't do this by myself! Ben is such a great father. I am SO lucky!

No comments: