Thursday, December 2, 2010

To preschool or not to preschool...

Guess who started preschool this year! I can't believe my baby is getting so big. I actually had a hard time with it! I couldn't believe myself! :) Looking back now, I realize I was making way bigger a deal about it than was necessary, but he's my first. I couldn't help it! :) Last year me and 3 of my friends all did a co-op once a week and it was awesome! I loved it. But I thought this year it would be better to have him in something a little more structured. So I signed him up for 3 days a week preschool with 2 of his other friends. Well, as it got closer I started to have a little anxiety over him being gone 3 days a week. (only for 2 hours a day) :) He still will have another year of preschool after this one anyway. And, I thought, why am I rushing him into school, he has a good 13 years of school ahead of him. No need to rush things, right? So, last minute I pulled him out of the class. (embarrassingly) And quickly called one of my good friends who does an in home preschool. I asked her if she would be willing to take Tucker just one day a week. And she said of course, so he's back to just one day a week. But he still has one of his little buddies in the class, and loves it! So, next year for sure I will put him in more, but for now, we are just happy with this schedule! :)
Here he is on his first day:
016
He asked me to take this picture of him with his hands in the air for some reason! :)
017
{I love this kid!}
And I love this back pack. So much so that I had to put a picture of it in! :) So cute! Never mind that he never has to bring a backpack. He still has one. (He hasn't used it since that first day-for school anyway!) :)
019
We really do love our mornings together around this house! I will really miss these when my kids are rushing off to school every morning! Here we are snuggling on my bed one morning...
DSC_0678
We are easing ourselves into that morning time adjustment. :)

No comments: