Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Halloween weekend...

To say that we were busy Halloween weekend would be a gross understatement. When Halloween is on a Sunday, it means 3 days of activities! Every year our local High-School, and my Alma mater, does a little trick or treating activity for all the local kids. We go at 9 am for an hour and go from class room to class room. Every High School kid is supposed to bring a bag of candy to pass out, and a lot of the class rooms are decorated and the kids just go from door to door. It is awesome! This year we met up with some friends, like we usually do.
Tucker and his friend Garret both ended up being Spiderman this year! :)
halloween 10 157
And my brother and his family came up from Quincy for the weekend, so Keyton was with us! (aka Buzz lightyear!) :) Halloween was the only holiday Allen got off work, so they figured, why not make a trip of it and were here all weekend, and even longer! :) We had a lot of fun! Halloween is a great holiday to spend with your favorite cousin-when you're 4 years old! :)
halloween 10 159
And these two were both pumpkins! :) Taylor's costume is the pumpkin costume that my mom made me when I was a baby and me and all of my siblings wore it-and now Tucker and Taylor have both worn it! :) I love it!
halloween 10 165
After the classroom trick or treating at U-Hi, we went back to my dads house. Tucker and Keyton put all of their little like fruit candies, like the nerds and skittles etc.. into a bowl and called it their candy soup! This is going to be a long weekend, if it isn't even noon on Friday and they are already on a sugar high!
halloween 10 171
Friday night we headed over to Kathryn's house for a FUN Halloween dinner. I had wanted to put together a Halloweeney dinner on Sunday night with the family since Allen & Kelli were in town. But Nathan & Angie couldn't do it on Sunday, so we decided Friday night. And then I invited Kathryn and her boys and with that many people we decided to do it up at her house which is a little bit bigger! :) Kathryn and I had fun with the decorations and all the Halloween food! :) We even made homemade root beer that looked like a witches brew! :)
The details...

The three babies...
halloween 10 194
Andrew actually made the brew, and Tucker thought it was pretty cool! (Notice that Tucker is wearing his Spider man costume. He refused to take it off! He seriously wore it the WHOLE weekend! I loved it though, that's why we bought it. :))
halloween 10 177
I had this pumpkin bean bag toss game I made for a ward Halloween carnival a few years ago. Carter LOVED it! All the kids had a good time playing-but especially Carter.
halloween 10 221
Kathryn even made these cute little cauldrons for each of the kids and had their names put on them! They are so cute, I'm excited to use them in the upcoming years. Thanks, Kathryn!
halloween 10 216
And this is just Friday! :)

No comments: