Saturday, December 18, 2010

November happenings...

Some November randomness...
Tucker is a rockstar! I think that one day he will for sure be in a band! He loves to sing and dance with his guitar. He usually busts out the sunglasses and backwards hat for his shows even! He is a performer and loves to be the center of attention!
003 (3)

002 (2)
Taylor has learned to clap! :) woo-hoo! (still no use of those big ol' legs, but the arms and hands function just fine!) :)
003 (2)
Tucker is so smart! He is currently sounding out small two and three letter words. I love that he loves to learn and picks up on things so fast! I can't wait for him to be in full time pre-school next year where I am sure he will just take off. I do as much as I can here during the days, but it is hard to always remember to take time (or make time) to practice and learn with him. I definitely need to be better at that! I am so proud of him!
001

About four years ago I was in the Young Womens presidency in our ward. Brooke was one of my young women. She was one of Tuckers favorite babysitters for the longest time. (and now her little sister is one of Tuckers favorite baby sitters!) :) After she graduated, her and I became visiting teaching partners, and then all of last year Brooke was Tuckers sunbeam teacher at church. Brooke is practically like part of our family. She is loud and fun and loves our kids and we love her for it! :) And she literally lives about 6 houses down from us! :) So when she called us to tell us to get over to her house asap to open her mission call, we were so excited for her! :)
003
Anyway, congrats Brooke on your mission call! She will be going to the Brazil Masiago (sp?) mission! We are so excited for her!

Taylor found a new hair do:
008

We got our first big snow fall in November. Tucker helped Ben shovel the snow:
001 (3)
We had to start bundling up big time to go out of the house. That is one (of the many) things I hate about winter. It takes like 10 times longer to do anything or go anywhere! :)
166
Not a big fan of the hood...
167
Ok, we'll try the hat.
178
On the way home, I gave up on the bundling and just put her in real quick. (just for the car ride) I did put on the hat. I heard her struggling with it, trying to rip it off, while I was driving. I looked back after a few minutes of quietness to see this. Apparently she gave up trying! :)
366

Movie nights with daddy in our bed...
Kira's family 322

Tucker is a BIG helper and whenever he even hears a peep from Taylors room when she is napping he goes in there! It drives me crazy because a lot of the time he actually wakes her up! But you can't get mad at him because he IS trying to help! Most of the time he just hops right in her crib with her.
Kira's family 320
She is one happy girl!
Kira's family 329
Tucker had a trip to the ER this month. On a side note, right before his first birthday he fell in the tub and got a black eye. I was embarrassed to take him to his one year dr. appointment. with a black eye. This year for his four year dr. appointment. I had to take him in at the same time for a follow up ER visit for a concussion! They must really think highly of my mothering skills! Anyway, he was showing off his mad jumping skills and jumped off the two stairs in our kitchen. The problem is, is that those stairs only lead to a small little landing. So, he jumped off the stairs and hit his head straight into the garage door! And it was hard! It was one of those things that happened in slow motion, and like as he was doing it, I realized what was going to happen, but it was too late to stop it, and then he was just bawling in my arms. I laid him down for a little while because I knew his head had to be hurting. A half an hour later he started throwing up. I called my sister in law (who is a nurse!) :) Because he was acting fine, other than the throwing up, she told me to keep my eye on him and if he threw up again to take him in to the ER right away. (It was the evening) Anyway, about a half hour later, he threw up again. Poor guy! I felt so bad for him! I took him in, they did a Catscan and everything looked fine. But seriously, he just kept throwing up and throwing up. That is what was making me nervous. Even as we were walking out the hospital doors. By the end of the visit, I was drenched in barf! It was nasty! :) Ben slept on the couch that night and Tucker slept with me so I could wake him up every few hours. But I didn't need to, because every few hours he would throw up! It was a long night. The next day we took it easy, and thank heavens he stopped throwing up; and even by that evening he was doing fine! This kid just doesn't slow down!
Kira's family 330
That is two ER visits for our family in the past month! I don't really want to go back any time soon!
Taylor has just one more question to ask:
041
Does this bow make my cheeks look big?

1 comment:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

i love rock star tucker! i want to snuggle taylor she is so cute and so chubby!! i told jason we need to make a trip up there asap!!!