Thursday, December 30, 2010

Aunt Kayla's baby shower...

We had a baby shower for my little sister while she was here for Christmas. It was so much fun. Angie, her mother in law, and I threw it for her up at my dads house. It was so much fun decking his house all out in pink! :) Angie is excited, she has four boys; this will be the first official Croskrey girl in their family! :) (can you say spoiled!) Also, Angie is so talented and cutesie, I knew that things would turn out great for the shower. Here we are filling up the balloons. You can be sure that Carter was right there just WAITING to get his hands on one of those babies! :)
Christmas 2010 074
Our cousins, Kristin & Stormee drove all the way up just for the shower! Love these girls so much! :)
Christmas 2010 066
I decided to do a craft instead of play games. That way everyone could just hang out and eat and chat or chat and do a craft. My mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and just got a ton of stuff to make bows for baby Viv. (We got used to calling her baby Viv, because her name was almost 100% sure of being Vivian, now they aren't so sure about the name, but we still call her that!) :) Anyway, the bows were to make for Kayla for her to take home, but we had SO much stuff, a lot of people were able to make some for themselves, which was just fine!
Christmas 2010 055
The gift table. My mom always does a huge gift basket for each of us at our showers-for the first babies. Thats that huge thing at the back of the table. Mine for Tucker was so cute, a little wagon full of a few boy items. Kelli's for Keyton was a little bigger, Angie's for Carter was even bigger and now Kayla's for Vivian was HUGE. The biggest thing I have ever seen! And she had to get it all back to Milwaukee! :) They had to get all of this back to Milwaukee-they actually did it, which I was pretty shocked about!
Christmas 2010 086
The food table. I love my dads marlin that he caught in Mexico on the wall behind the food. It totally adds that feminine touch! :)
Christmas 2010 087
We had a great spread, if I do say so myself! :) Thanks for the help everyone!
Kayla's mother in law made these delicious and totally cute cupcakes! She is SO talented! Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache & Vanilla frosting. Divine! They even say, 'it's a girl' but you can't read it in the picture.
Christmas 2010 079
And she also made these cute 'Thank you' jars. Filled with pink m&m's. And you can't see it in the picture, but each jar had a little charm with baby foot prints on it! So cute!
Christmas 2010 084
Kayla and some of her friends...
Christmas 2010 080
Stormee & Kristin...
Christmas 2010 093
Me & the Taters...
Christmas 2010 049
The preggers...
Christmas 2010 147
She is so cute pregnant! Here huge belly sticking out like a basket ball. You can't even tell she is pregnant from behind! She is due to have her baby girl on February 17th, which is Taylor Rae's birthday. I am praying that she has her on that day. I would love for them to be birthday twinners, exactly a year apart. But something tells me that she will come early.
Christmas 2010 096
I am so jealous of this quilt! I love it! :) Another Mother in law made quilt! :)
Christmas 2010 101
The boys were banned from this party, but since my uncle drove my aunt all the way up here and didn't really have anywhere to go during the party they all stayed. Seriously, my Uncle Scott, Ben, Tucker, Nathan, Carter & Jason all went downstairs and watched football and ordered a pizza while all of us ladies were upstairs. It was actually fun having them here. Every now and then a child would wander upstairs and get some attention.
Grandma & Carter...
Christmas 2010 142
My Aunt Kathy, Angie, Nathan & Kayla. Aunt Kathy drove all the way up just for the shower! I am so glad she did, it was SO good to see her! We love Aunt Kathy!
Christmas 2010 154
Amanda, Angie & Kayla...
Christmas 2010 149
Aunt Kathy & my mom...
Christmas 2010 158
Me and my mommy and my sissy! After the party was over and the clean up was finally done, we were ready to go home and relax! :) (don't you love my sponge bob band aid?) :)
Christmas 2010 166
Ok, now you can officially come, baby V! :)

No comments: